Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Give You the World if it Was Mine



I’m still coming back to myself. 
A lot of spiritual teachers will say that the deeper you go, there’s always new depths, and that’s true.
The last.... while has been nothing short of transformative.




I’m still not ready to lay it out brick by brick, because I eventually plan to write a book, but I’m getting my feet wet. Did you know an abortion attempt can fail? Did you know you have to do it again then? 
Remember when I fell in love and almost moved across the country because we “were going to get married and have kids” mere months ago? I would have been moving there in less than two months.
Me too.

A lot more has happened between then and now, but the termination is the freshest. Let’s just say 2 (two) rounds of pills in one weekend was... ummm... a lot. A hormonal Aries Moon during an Aries Moon AND Mars transit??? (To those who have no idea wtf I’m talking about let me just use one word: explosive.)
Like I said, I’m coming back to myself. And not “Feministripper,” me, ME at my core and who I am and what that looks like. Shifts. Big shifts. Gratitude, always.



I think I’m gonna fly to my favorite city next month. I need to be loved on by my people there. I need to smell its smells, feel its magic. My future home. 

I’m letting this blank canvas on my easel speak to me. I’m feeling called to do a surrealist piece centered around hydrotherapy, and maybe expand it to a series of pieces around archaic medical treatments that are now considered barbaric (and absolutely are.) 
The creative life force that’s always been in me but has been dormant for years has finally woken back up. I’m excited beyond words. It’s go time.






“Oooohh, what a life.” -Sade

No comments:

Post a Comment